If you are a mobile application programer or designer there is nothing but good news here for you, and is only going to get better. In a 4,200 people survey here are just a few of the results.
Nielsen’s mobile application report found that Twenty-one per cent of American wireless subscribers now own a smartphone –which is up from 19 per cent on the previous quarter.
- 14% of mobile subscribers have downloaded an app in the last 30 days
- Average number of apps: Smartphone: 22, Feature phone: 10
- BlackBerry: 10
- Android: 22
- Palm: 14
- Windows Mobile: 13
- Games are the most downloaded – both free and paid
- Facebook, Google Maps and Weather Channel are the most popular apps across smartphones
- iPhones: Facebook (58%), iTunes (48%), Google Maps (47%)
- Android: Google Maps (67%), Facebook (50%), Weather Channel (38%)
- Blackberry: Facebook (51%), Google Maps(34%), Weather Channel (28%)